Start IE in No Add-ons mode,
- To do this, click Start, click Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If you start Internet Explorer with add-ons disabled, you may find that this resolves the issue. Then, you can locate and disable the add-on that conflicts with Internet Explorer.
- To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons dialog box, click the first add-on under the enable list
- Under Settings, click Disable, and then click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
If the problem occurs, the add-on that you recently enabled conflicts with Internet Explorer.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 until you locate the add-on that conflicts with Internet Explorer. Then, disable the add-on. (dont forget to enable all other add ons except the one that was causing problems)
Happy Browsing !!!